Deal Alert: For a limited time – Experian IdentityWorks is offering a 30-day free trial. During this 100% free trial, you get full access to your 3 FICO® Scores, 3 Credit Reports, with unbeatable ID Theft Protection. Get Your Free Trial Now before it’s gone by clicking any IdentityWorks link on this page!
Full Disclosure: I have an affiliate relationship with Experian IdentityWorks and I will receive a small commission if you sign-up through my link (at no cost to you).
Monitor Your REAL FICO® Scores with IdentityWorks
Did you know that 90% of top lenders use your FICO® Scores to determine loan interest rates, terms & approvals?
Yet most other credit monitoring services (including Credit Karma) give you some other type of credit score as a cheap imitation (“FAKO” Score), not your true FICO Score.
So why are you checking a different type of credit score than what your lenders would see?
It’s time to get the best!
I’ve tried numerous ad-supported and premium credit monitoring services over the last several years, and I’ve written about many of them here.
But none of them quite compare to Experian IdentityWorks Premium.
What is Experian IdentityWorks?
Experian IdentityWorks is a Premium Credit Monitoring and Identity Theft Protection service.
Its top priority is to protect you from identity theft, but it’s also (in my opinion) the best credit monitoring and identity theft protection service currently available.
What You Will Get with IdentityWorks Premium
- Quarterly 3-Bureau FICO® Scores
- Daily Experian FICO® Scores
- FICO® Score Tracker
- 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring and Alerts
- Dark Web Internet Surveillance Alerts
- Financial Account Takeover Alerts
- Social Security Number Trace Alerts
- Change of Address Alerts
- Court Records and Booking Alerts
- Non-Credit Loan Alerts
- Sex Offender Registry Alerts
- Social Network Monitoring Alerts
- Identity Validation Alerts
- Experian CreditLock with Alerts
- Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
- Dedicated Fraud Resolution Support
- Lost Wallet Assistance
Premium Monitoring & Protection
Make no mistake, IdentityWorks is a Premium Credit Monitoring & Identity Theft Protection Service.
What does that mean?
It means that while they do offer a 30 day free trial, it’s not a 100% free service if you continue your membership after the free trial – it’s $19.99/mo for the Premium version.
You want a 100% free credit monitoring service? Sorry, you will not find a premium credit monitoring service this good, for free.
If you want a basic Ad-Supported free credit score service, I recommend Credit Sesame. But a free credit score is about all you will get from there.
On the other hand, if you want a full featured Premium Credit Monitoring & Identity Theft Protection Service which provides 3-Bureau FICO Scores, 3-Bureau Daily Credit Monitoring, and Best-In-Class ID Theft Protection…
Then go with IdentityWorks Premium.
My sensitive info was exposed
I’ve been a member of IdentityWorks Premium since June, 2017.
A few months after I became a member of IdentityWorks, I found out that I was one of the 143 million people affected by the huge Equifax data breach.
After informing me that that my sensitive information had been exposed in the data breach, Equifax wanted me to sign up for their own ID theft protection service called “Trusted ID Premier”.
But I was already protected
I said – no thanks! I was already a member of what I believe is the “best of the best” – Experian IdentityWorks. So I could sleep easy knowing I had a good credit monitoring & ID theft protection service keeping me safe.
7 Features That Propel Experian IdentityWorks To The Top
IdentityWorks has a lot of features in common with other premium credit monitoring/identity theft protection services out there (such as LifeLock, or IdentityGuard).
But there are a hand full of unique benefits that really set this service apart from the competition.
Here are 7 features that propel IdentityWorks Premium to the head of the pack:
- Quarterly 3-Bureau FICO® Scores – It’s very important to get your ACTUAL FICO scores – the score that 90% of lenders use – not some cheap imitation like most others will give you.
- Daily FICO® Score Updates (based on Experian data) – See your FICO score updated on a daily basis, a very unique feature. This is a great way to keep close track of your FICO score.
- Dark Web Surveillance – Scans over 600,000 pages on the dark web, to detect if your personal information has been stolen.
- Experian CreditLock – The ability to temporarily unlock your credit report when you apply for credit or financing, without delaying the application process. You’ll receive a confirmation alert whenever you lock or unlock your Experian credit report.
- 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring and Alerts – Monitors your 3 credit reports on a daily basis and notifies you of certain changes like new accounts, credit inquiries, signs of ID theft etc.
- Best-In-Class Identity Theft Protection – Including Dark Web Surveillance, Financial Account Takeover Alerts, Social Security Number Monitoring Alerts, Experian CreditLock with Alerts, Lost Wallet Protection, Dedicated Fraud Resolution Support, and more.
- Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance – In the unlikely event that your identity is stolen while a member of this service, they offer up to $1 million to help you recover from it.
Here’s what it looks like to be a member
As I mentioned before, I’m a member of IdentityWorks Premium, and I love it
Here are a couple of screenshots from my account, so you can see what it looks like to be a member:
My 3 FICO Scores:
My Protection Level:
IdentityWorks Premium Pricing
IdentityWorks Premium has a free 30-day trial, then it’s $19.99/mo thereafter.
If you’re looking for a 100% free service, look elsewhere. You’re not going to find a full featured service such as this one for free.
In fact, compared to the competition, I truly believe $19.99/mo (or 66 cents a day) is a bargain for what you get.
Note: You can get 2 months free if you go with the annual membership, for only $199/year. That is the equivalent to about $16.58/month if you don’t mind doing the annual prepay.
The upside to that is you save around $40. Downside is it doesn’t look like there’s a free trial attached to that.
I truly believe that, for the price, you can’t beat Experian IdentityWorks Premium.
I also believe that it’s well worth the 66 cents a day it costs, to check, monitor, and help protect 100% of your credit data and identity.
For you cheapskates out there:
If you’re a cheapskate and only want to see one credit score (and no credit reports) and don’t want to pay anything for it, check out Credit Sesame.
But if you do, just keep in mind that by only using a “free credit score” service like Credit Sesame, you’re only getting 1/6th of the pie, when you could have the whole thing with IdentityWorks!